With the Fourth of July just around the corner, everyone is getting out their red, white and blue to celebrate the United States. Of course it’s no surprise here that Mississippi ranks in the top 20 most patriotic states.
The report comes from WalletHub of the 2018 Most Patriotic States in America.
Patriotism in Mississippi (1=Most Patriotic; 25=Avg.):
- 19th– Average Number of Military Enlistees per 1,000 Civilian Adults
- 21st– Active-Duty Military Personnel per 100,000 Civilian Adults
- 7th– % of Adults Who Voted in 2016 Presidential Election
- 1st– Civics Education Requirement
- 10th – AmeriCorps Volunteers per Capita
To determine the most patriotic states, WalletHub compared two key elements, “Military Engagement” and “Civic Engagement.”
Those things were then weighted using 13 metrics and graded on a 100-point-scale with a 100 representing the highest level of patriotism.
According to the chart the most patriotic states were Virginia, Alaska, and Wyoming. Bringing up the tail end were states like Rhode Island, New Jersey, and Massachusetts.